Export result set on Dbeaver to CSV


Export result set on Dbeaver to CSV



Normally I use Dbeaver for windows and always export my result set like this:



run my query --> select the result --> export the result set --> select export to clipboard --> done



This step by step puts my result set in my clipboard and I can paste it wherever I want to work with it.



The problem is that now I am using dbeaver for mac and this guide is not working.
I can go on until the moment that I select my result set like in the image below:



exporting data set



But once I go further in the process, in the last step I get: no query



Note that in "source" it was suppose to show the query that originated the result set, but instead it says just "select.



As a result it does't select my result or anything (besides being "successful").



Normally my query would show up there automatically and I couldn't find any option that corrects this problem in the menus.



Please help me!



Thanks.





After some tests I realized that it is sourcing just the first line of the query. Since it contains only "Select" that is all dbeaver is exporting. Now I have to understand why this is happening
– Rafael Meirelles
Apr 10 '17 at 19:34





3 Answers
3



You don't need to use the clipboard, you can export directly the whole resultset (not just what you see) to a file :



The export runs in the background, a popup will appear when it's done.



The problem was the box "open new connection" that was checked. So I couldn't use my temporary table.



Is there a reason you couldn't select your results and right click and choose Advanced Copy -> Advanced Copy? I'm on a Mac and this is how I always copy results to the clipboard for pasting.





What if the result set is so large that the result view can't display all the records?
– Aetherus Zhou
Aug 7 '17 at 2:56





Do you get an out of memory exception? If you have a result set that large, copying it to the clipboard isn't a good idea and I'd suggest exporting it to CSV. When you export a result set, DBeaver exports the entire result of the query that was executed to populate the result set viewer, not just what is shown.
– Kyle
Aug 9 '17 at 14:48





It's only about 40,000 records with 5 columns each. The RAM is enough to hold the data. However, DBeaver only shows 200 records by default. If I want all the data, I had to scroll down over and over again and that's annoying.
– Aetherus Zhou
Aug 10 '17 at 8:06






I do not think it is an elegant solution.
– Harper Koo
Nov 3 '17 at 8:40






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

paramiko-expect timeout is happening after executing the command

how to run turtle graphics in Colaboratory