Harry Kane targeting quick return for Tottenham despite World Cup heroics in bid to end August hoodoo

The name of the picture



HARRY KANE will cut short his summer break to make Tottenham’s Premier League opener and immediately set his sights on breaking his August duck after claiming the World Cup Golden Boot.


The England striker’s six goals in Russia saw him finish as the tournament’s top goalscorer ahead of Antoine Griezmann, Cristiano Ronaldo, Romelu Lukaku, Denis Cheryshev and Kylian Mbappe on four each.



 Harry Kane has vowed to return early from his break to make Spurs' first Premier League game of the season
PA:Press Association



Harry Kane has vowed to return early from his break to make Spurs' first Premier League game of the season

 The striker became the first Englishman since Gary Lineker in 1986 to win the Golden Boot at the World Cup
Allsport



The striker became the first Englishman since Gary Lineker in 1986 to win the Golden Boot at the World Cup

Despite becoming the first Englishman since Gary Lineker 32 years ago to finish top of the goal stakes at a World Cup, the 24-year-old feels there is still room for improvement.


He said: “It’s been a fantastic campaign, for me personally and the team. It’s something I’m very proud of.



“But there’s still stuff I can improve on. I can get better. I feel like there have been games in this tournament when I could have done better, but that’s all part of the learning curve.


“It’s a big achievement. Not many people get to say they’ve won a Golden Boot at a World Cup. I said coming into this tournament that I wanted to prove I could do it on these stages.



 Kane and his England team-mates arrived back home from Russia yesterday
Getty Images - Getty



Kane and his England team-mates arrived back home from Russia yesterday

 The Three Lions skipper scored six goals in Russia to finish top of the stakes
PA:Press Association



The Three Lions skipper scored six goals in Russia to finish top of the stakes

 Kane now has his sights set on breaking his August scoring duck for Spurs
Getty - Contributor



Kane now has his sights set on breaking his August scoring duck for Spurs

 Harry Kane hopes to be leading Spurs' attack at Newcastle on August 11
EPA



Harry Kane hopes to be leading Spurs' attack at Newcastle on August 11

“I said the Euros (in 2016) were disappointing. If anything I wanted to prove to myself I could score at this level. I’ve scored at every other level and it was important I did that.


“I’m extremely proud and I’m sure I’ll look back in a few weeks’ time and take all these experiences in.”



Players usually get four weeks off after the tournament before returning to their clubs – but Kane is itching to get back to Spurs.


The forward has never scored in the English top-flight in August but he revealed that is the next target he wants to tick off his list.



After revealing he will cut short his break by a fortnight, Kane said: “I will hopefully be back for the first game and hopefully try and score in August this year.


“I want to be playing in four weeks’ time. We’ll have to talk to the gaffer at Spurs.”


Tottenham kick off their Premier League campaign at Newcastle on August 11.



 Harry Kane is yet to score in August for Tottenham
Getty Images - Getty



Harry Kane is yet to score in August for Tottenham



HARRY KANE will cut short his summer break to make Tottenham’s Premier League opener and immediately set his sights on breaking his August duck after claiming the World Cup Golden Boot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

paramiko-expect timeout is happening after executing the command

how to run turtle graphics in Colaboratory

Export result set on Dbeaver to CSV