Kell Brook out of July 28 fight against Brandon Cook with ankle injury that sidelines him until November

The name of the picture



KELL BROOK has pulled out of his July 28 fight with Brandon Cook due to an ankle injury which will reportedly sideline him until November.


The Sheffield fighter was due another tune-up on the Dillian Whyte vs Joseph Parker undercard at the O2 Arena London but has hurt his foot.



 Kell Brook ended Sergey Rabchenko's night very early in March
Mark Robinson



Kell Brook ended Sergey Rabchenko's night very early in March

Canadian super welterweight Cook, 32, told World Boxing News: “Apparently Kell Brook has hurt his ankle, so the fight is off.


“That means no fight for me and I’m so upset.



“This whole thing sucks and I put so much time into training.


"It’s the worst news ever for me.”



 Kell Brook has suffered an ankle injury
Getty Images - Getty



Kell Brook has suffered an ankle injury

Cook had dozens of fans making the trip over him to see him fight as a huge underdog but that dream upset against the former champion has now been wrecked.


Brook’s Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn will apparently address the binned bout soon.



Cook said he had an inkling the fight might be called off but the news still came as a blow.


He said: “I had close to twenty people coming and this really sucks for everyone.


“Everyone is cancelling their flights as I hear Eddie Hearn is supposed to be making an announcement.


“Maybe they can offer me someone else on the undercard of the Amir Khan in September?




 Brandon Cook is gutted to lose the chance to fight against Brook
Getty - Contributor



Brandon Cook is gutted to lose the chance to fight against Brook

“I’d appreciate that but I hear Brook is out until at least November so we won’t be able to reschedule and it really sucks.


“We knew for like two weeks but we didn’t get us a straight answer. I’m sure Eddie wanted to see if Brook would be good to fight.


“I just hope he can offer me something for the card in September as I want a big fight and I don’t care who it is. I will fight anyone.


“I want Brook but doesn’t seem like that will happen now.”





KELL BROOK has pulled out of his July 28 fight with Brandon Cook due to an ankle injury which will reportedly sideline him until November.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

paramiko-expect timeout is happening after executing the command

how to run turtle graphics in Colaboratory

Export result set on Dbeaver to CSV